This course will show you how to get started with the fundamental technologies required to secure your applications from the beginning of the architecture/development process: Identity Access Management (IAM) and Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs). Combined, these two technologies give you the essential capability you will need to create a secure and isolated virtual datacenter in the cloud, complete with fine-grained user access controls and activity monitoring.
About The Author
Colibri is a technology consultancy company founded in 2015 by James Cross and Ingrid Funie. The company works to help its clients navigate the rapidly changing and complex world of emerging technologies, with deep expertise in areas like big data, data science, machine learning, and cloud computing. Over the past few years they have worked with some of the world's largest and most prestigious companies, including a tier 1 investment bank, a leading management consultancy group, and one of the world's most popular soft drinks companies, helping each of them to make better sense of their data, and process it in more intelligent ways. The company lives by its motto: Data -> Intelligence -> Action.
James Cross is a Big Data Engineer and certified AWS Solutions Architect with a passion for data-driven applications. He's spent the last 3-5 years helping his clients to design and implement huge-scale, streaming big data platforms, Cloud-based analytics stacks, and serverless architectures.
He started his professional career in Investment Banking, working with well-established technologies such as Java and SQL Server, before moving into the big data space. Since then he's worked with a huge range of Big Data tools including most of the Hadoop eco-system, Spark, and many No-SQL technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, and DynamoDB. More recently his focus has been on Cloud technologies and how they can be applied to data analytics, culminating in his work at Scout Solutions as CTO, and more recently with Mckinsey.
James is an AWS certified solutions architect with several years' experience designing and implementing solutions on this cloud platform. As CTO of Scout Solutions Ltd, he built a fully serverless set of API's and analytics stacks based around Lambda and Redshift.
He is interested in almost anything that has to do with technology. He has worked with everything from WordPress to Hadoop, from C++ to Java, and from Oracle to DynamoDB. If it's new and solves a problem in an innovative way he's keen to give it a go!
Who is the target audience?
- Application developers and architects interested in securing applications running in the AWS Cloud System administrators interested in supporting the security of applications on AWSIT and professionals with an interest in cloud security
1. All items sold on myopenacademy.com are digital (sent on email). Your course link will be emailed to your registered email address. This happens instantly after your purchase is completed.
2. Redemption terms and instructions are mentioned in the email.
3. All orders are processed instantly.
4. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any queries or need help with anything.